Monday, November 30, 2009

No such thing as soon enough

Ok, so now things are starting to be unpleasant. As I told a friend today, I am probably in pain 75% of the day. Apparently this is "normal" and nothing to be concerned about. So fine. Not concerned. Just irritated.

It's not the pain that bothers me, I'm well-versed in physical discomfort and totally fine with it. But it's the waiting for the pain to change, to grow, to have a purpose, that is making me totally nuts. My dreams are all about going into labor and having this baby. Every time I stand up and walk to the bathroom, I analyze the pain to see if anything feels different. I have probably Googled "pre-labor pains" and every variation I can think of 15 times in the last 3 days.

I just want something, anything, to happen that will give me some idea of how many more days I'll wake up feeling like my body has been taken over by an alien, how much longer I'll have to wait to see my baby, how long I have before I cross over the line to being a Parent and leave being a Daughter behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment