Thursday, December 3, 2009

Less than stellar

Today my company laid off some hardworking employees for no reason other than saving a little money. It makes me angry and sad to know how little integrity corporate America truly has. I have to wonder what this means for me as someone about to go on a 3-month leave, if I'll get paid properly while I am out, what kind of place I will face when I come back to work. Throughout my pregnancy, I have tried so hard not to let anything affect the effort I put into my job, even when I was constantly nauseated, or now, when every step I take sends waves of pain shooting through my body. And what for? Do they even appreciate it or take notice at all? Or are we all just numbers on a spreadsheet?

It's enough to make a pregnant lady curl up on the couch with a cat and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment