Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Countdown

I am a failed blogger. I've tried so many times and for so many reasons, yet I've never managed to successfully create and maintain a blog that I was willing to share with anyone who knows my first name. And I guess the only reason I can really point to is that I find it hard to believe anyone might be interested in what I have to say.

So why now? Well, for the first time in my 30 years, I think I'm finally about to have something going on that people who know me might want to see or readabout -- a little girl. And just as much for the people we care about far away who can check in and see how things are going without piecing together bits of information from Facebook status updates, I want to do this for us and for her. It's so easy to forget the little things, particularly for people like Sam and I, and I just hope committing some of them to virtual paper will make me more mindful and appreciative of these lesser-known moments of our lives.

The Countdown to the Baby Girl begins here - 8 weeks to go, assuming she's as punctual as her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment